AOL mail SMTP settings
For sending an email from the email client by using the AOL email account. Then you need to provide the programming instructions to access the AOL mail SMTP server. This is the server which is used by the AOL emails to send the emails from the user account.
In the case, if an email program or the application does not respond to the AOL email SMTP server, then the AOL email won’t’ be able to send the emails on its user behalf.
Thus, in the case, if your AOL email POP or the IMAP settings are proper and accurate then it implies that you can easily download, read the received emails. It will accurate the process of receiving the emails. But in the same manner, if there is any inadequacy in the SMTP server setting than it may cause that the user will not be able to send their emails through the AOL mail account.
Therefore it is necessary to configure the AOL email SMTP server setting. One more thing to consider here is that such setting is required only when any of the AOL mail users will be using their AOL mail account from anywhere else than the AOL official mail website. As the official AOL website is already configured with the required SMTP server settings.
AOL SMTP (Outgoing) Mail setting configuration
The AOL Mail SMTP server settings are precisely the same issue what program you’re utilizing. You could be on a tablet, a cell phone, your workstation, and so on. and could be utilizing Windows 10 Mail, Thunderbird, Outlook, or any other available client address. Enter the privilege SMTP server settings and you are all set to send the emails from your AOL email account.
- SMTP server address: smtp.aol.com
- SMTP username: Enter your AOL Mail screen name, which precedes “@aol.com” in your email address.
- Password: Type your AOL Mail password.
- Port utilizing SSL/TLS: 587
- TLS/SSL required: Yes.
Thus, you also have to ensure that the SSL encryption is also enabled for all the sending or receiving emails.
For AOL mail IMAP settings
As you are already aware that you can easily access your AOL email account from any compatible emails client by particularly entering the required information in your AOL mail account. Hence for receiving the emails from any email client, you need to set the IMAP server settings so to access all your AOL emails received from any other email server.
As the IMAP helps in storing your emails in the as it helps in storing your emails on the remote server. It also provides an automatic backup of your received emails.
IMAP server settings to get to AOL Mail messages and organizers in Outlook, Mac Mail, Windows 10 Mail, Thunderbird. AOL suggests choosing IMAP in your email customer, not POP3, albeit both are bolstered.
AOL Mail IMAP Settings
The IMAP settings for AOL mail are as the following for the reference:
- AOL Mail IMAP server address: imap.aol.com
- AOL Mail IMAP client name: Your full AOL Mail email address. For AOL email, this is your AOL screen name in addition to “@aol.com.
- AOL Mail IMAP Password: Your AOL Mail Password
- AOL Mail IMAP port: 993
- AOL Mail IMAP TLS/SSL required: yes
Some essentials features which are Unavailable from Other Mail Applications
When you get to AOL Mail from another email application, a few features aren’t accessible to the users which are as follows:
- Message Status. As you will not able to recover the unopened mail from AOL clients, and you can also not be able to check the status of your sent email message.
- Spam. You are also not allowed to get in touch with the spam option. Hence, if you need to report an email as the spam, then all you need to do is to move the same in the emails clients span folder or you can also opt for a junk folder option to move the emails.
- Deleted mail. In few cases some of the emails are also not available to see as the deleted emails. Hence, few of such emails indicate the deleted emails in the primary folder but which are marked for deletion.
In any case, if the email sending or receiving problem still persists
In the case, if you have entered the right SMTP and IMAP server settings as mentioned earlier but the email client still won’t let you utilize your mail appropriately. Then there is the chance that you may have used or entered the wrong password or there is some other misconfigured setting.
Then the steps you need to take for solving out the problem is:
- Start by resetting your AOL mail password and make sure that you have entered the correct password. In case if you forget your password then try to reset your password by clicking on the option of forget the password.
- Check for your AOL incoming email setting configuration for the IMAP and SMTP as mentioned or described above. Check it twice to confirm as you have entered the correct information.
As if the details are incorrect then the user may not be able to download anything form their AOL mail account.
Ensure you enter the correct settings: the IMAP settings are required for getting to the IMAP server, and the POP settings are expected to download mail from the POP server.
Hence after you have confirmed that you have entered the correct setting details than you will not be facing any trouble for downloading or sending the emails from the AOL email account.
In the case, even after all this you may be still facing the problem in sending or receiving the emails then it is advised that you should try deleting your account completely and try exiting or restarting your program. You may also opt for restarting your gadget like computer or laptop also. After all this try form the scratch as create a new emails account and start using.